Our ten commitments to ethical conduct:
Our ethical approach to business will not only meet, but go beyond existing requirements for openness and transparency in public affairs.
- We will always publish a full list of the clients we are working with and those we have worked with, updated monthly.
- Every quarter we’ll publish information on any meetings we attend or facilitate with Scottish or UK politicians and Ministers, to ensure that there is full transparency.
- Public Affairs Co-operative is registered as a lobbying organisation with the UK Public Affairs Council.
- In line with the Co-operative Principles, we will donate a minimum of 5% of our profits to chosen charitable causes, and provide information on those causes on our website.
- We will join any statutory register of lobbying organisations for the UK or Scotland that may be created.
- Our practice abides by the CIPR Code of Conduct and the PRCA Professional Charter and Code of Conduct.
- Staff are supported in continuous professional development as public affairs practitioners.
- We work as a democratic workers’ co-operative where our staff own and run the company and elect the directors, and as members of Co-operatives UK we will operate to their standards of good governance.
- We will choose our clients and suppliers carefully. We will not do business with companies involved in the fur trade, those who supply oppressive regimes, or multi-national companies with poor environmental records.
- We will respect human rights, animal welfare, fair trade and the environment in all our business dealings.