Looking at the shows we highlighted then it is clear how much the upcoming independence referendum (remember that…) dominated everyone’s thinking.
Well if a week is a long time in politics then a whole year seems like a huge amount has happened in the twelve months since last year’s festival.
We’re still political junkies here at Public Affairs Co-op and love to get our fix from the many shows, talks and events taking place in Edinburgh during the month of August.
We’re recommending 15 shows, talks and events to catch during the 2015 Edinburgh Fringe Festival, for those who like a side order of politicking with their festivities.
For real die-hards the Scottish Parliament organises its own ‘Festival of Politics’ from 14-16 August that is worth checking out.
So here are our recommendations – click on the links for more details:
- Playing Politics
- Steve Richards Presents Rock’n’Roll Politics 4
- Matt Forde: Get the Political Party Started
History & Heritage
Talks & Lectures
- John Bercow
- Chris Mullin: The Art of Political Leadership
- Polly Toynbee and David Walker: In Praise of Tax
- Danny Dorling: Economic Inequality and our Grandchildren’s Future
- Alan Johnson
- Sex, Food and Politics – Ang Li
- John Pilger: Power & Propaganda (Q&A)
- Edinburgh Book Fringe
- Yasmin Alibhai-Brown: Promiscuous England
- Will Hutton: How Good Can We Be